Establishing a disciplined fitness routine does wonders for our health, but it can be difficult to stay inspired before and during the workout.
Let’s admit it, the act of working out itself is not always enjoyable. We do it predominantly for the outcome and future health benefits, but it can be tough to overcome the stress and pain of the actual exercises.
That’s why most people look for ways to take their minds off the actual work, normally by listening to music.
Music not only supplies a distraction but also produces the determination and stimulation required to maximize effort. You may not feel like going to the gym today, but put on your best music and all of a sudden you’re charged and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be useful for individuals with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aids, you can stream your favorite music straight from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any cables getting in the way.
As an alternative, if you’re in the learning frame of mind, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or online courses, enhancing both your mental and physical health at the same time.
Have a workout partner instead?
Today’s hearing aid models, furnished with directional microphones, target and accentuate speech while controlling background noise, making it easier to carry a conversation with your partner in a busy gym.
For all these reasons hearing aids are essential gym equipment, but you may be wary of possible damage to the device from sweat and moisture.
While the majority of hearing aid models are resistant to dirt and moisture to some extent, there are a few accessories you can use to protect your hearing aids at the gym.
Think of investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, defending them from sweat and dirt.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to avoid damage or loss if your hearing aids become unexpectedly dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – retaining an extra pair on hand assures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids post-workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – well worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) remove moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) provide a safe place for overnight storage.
With a little planning, you can safely enjoy all the advantages of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to learn more about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!